Dear Parents/Guardians:

The Orland Unified School District has implemented policy regarding short term absences from school for such things as family vacations, family emergencies, or trips out of the country.  (AR 5113(c))
If you plan on taking your child out of school for between five and ten days for one of the reasons listed above, please contact your school office and obtain a Short Term Independent Study Agreement and coursework for your student.
The following important details should be noted:
The Orland Unified School District will provide all the work and materials needed for your student to be successful.  

The parent must notify the school five days prior to leaving for a short term absence, except in the case of an emergency. The completed work must be turned in the day the student returns to school in order to get credit.

Failure to make the proper notification of a pending absence to school officials, or failure to arrange for a short term independent study agreement, will result in all absences being unexcused.

Unexcused absences will be referred to the District Truant Officer.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the school office.