We have had our last Parent Club meeting. We are asking for donations for the 8th grade dance. We already have enough hot dogs and buns donated. We need donations of canned soda, water and baked goods. Please let me know if you are willing to bring something. Donations can be delivered to the school office by June 1st.
We will also be setting up and decorating for the dance on Wednesday, June 1st at 6 pm in the OHS multipurpose room. Please come and help us out! If you have any questions, please call the school. Thank you all for your help this past school year!
Butte College will be hosting Summer Connection from June 13-30 this year! Current 7th and 8th grade students from Butte and Glenn Counties are invited to apply and participate in this fun, educational program.
Summer Connection is a program that has been in place at Butte College for nearly 30 years and is designed to give students from Butte and Glenn Counties currently in grades 7-9 exposure to learning and fun in a college setting.
The students are enrolled in various courses (KIN 51, Science, Drafting, Multicultural studies, and more) and will participate in activities to help them believe they could attend higher education. Students will receive .5 unit for KIN 51. The program is $36 fee per student. The schedule is Monday-Thursday 8am-2:40pm; transportation to Butte College, a breakfast snack and lunch are provided each day at no additional cost.
Application forms are in the school office for your convenience. All applications must be completed and postmarked no later than May 27, 2016. Students will be notified if they are accepted in the program.
SPARK/ASAP Enrollment Forms for next school year are now available in the school office, SPARK, and Orland Glenn County Admin. Office! Return the completed form along with the $50 enrollment fee to SPARK or Orland Glenn County Admin. Office (building by Butte College).
Did you know Comcast provides affordable Internet to qualifying families? If you/your family qualifies, Comcast will install, provide in-home WIFI and a no-term contract for $9.95 per month. To see if you are eligible, call 1-855-846-8376 or go online to visit https://apply.internetessentials.com. Please call 855-765-6995 for Spanish-speaking agents.
Permanent Reminders: Parents, please remember, it is the law that helmets be worn by your students who are riding bikes to and from school.
· Parents, please do not park in the bus loading zone in the front of the school even for a short time loading or unloading students. Please use the parking lot next to the gym.
· Also, if your student takes the bus, please remind them that they need to get to the bus area right after school. They should not be going out to play basketball because they are missing their bus. Remind your student not to wander into the street or into the bus lanes.
· If you plan on leaving for a trip, please notify the office at least 5 days prior to leaving.
· Parents: Please be aware that if you are on the volunteer list and have had fingerprints done, you must fill out a new volunteer request form EVERY school year but you do NOT need to redo fingerprints. Please be sure to fill out the volunteer request form as soon as possible so we can use you as a volunteer on field trips and other school functions this school year. You can get the form at our District Office.
· Parents: Please make sure that your student wears garments that are long enough over their tights, leggings, or nylons. Garments must be no shorter than the fist when arms are hanging straight down.
· Parents: Please be aware that student visitors are not allowed during the school day. The only time student visitors are allowed is with pre-arranged permission (forms to fill out, principal approval) and only during the morning before school starts and during lunch time. Visitors must be the same grade as the student they are visiting.
Please access this website to get information regarding Common Core http://pta.org/parents/content.cfm?ItemNumber=2583